Wednesday 18 November 2015

Holiday Gifts Ideas with Dot Jewelry

Vicky Eva, Klutz buyer, DIY queen, and (most importantly) proud mama
I love making jewelry with my almost 10-year-old niece; she is a feisty fashionista and loves wearing all kinds of accessories. With the holiday season quickly approaching I wanted to get a head start on a gift for her, but I wanted something special, something handmade. The Klutz Dot Jewelry book was my inspiration for the perfect gift for my niece—handmade jewelry.
http://store.scholastic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchCmd?Ntt=Klutz%3A+Dot+Jewelry&storeId=11301&isbn13=9780545492782&N=4502+4519&langId=-11301&catalogId=16551&ddkey=http:SearchCmd

The shapes and patterns are fun to use and to wear. I grabbed some of my jewelry findings like earring wires, jump rings, and chains from around the house and started to get to work. Since I knew I would be adding holes into the paper pieces from the Dot Jewelry book, I used some laminating sheets for added reinforcement. I can’t wait to give her these gifts!


Even after making all these pieces for her, there are still more than 1,000 dots and other shapes left from the kit! I can’t wait to see her for the holidays and continue our jewelry-making experience.  

1 comment :

  1. Lovely gift ideas for her! It's a nice gift idea for girls who love wearing jewelries :)

    ReplyDelete